Our History

olearia san giorgio history

Brief History of the company told by Mimmo Fazari,Current CEO .

“In 1940 Domenico Fazari together with his five sons (Vincenzo, Giorgio, Giuseppe, Michele, Salvatore) rented an olive grove and an obsolete oil mill.

The following years were characterized by hard work and many sacrifices that allowed Mr. Domenico to buy a hectar of land. This acquisition rendered him very proud: he had become the “land owner” of an olive grove. This, however, did not make him “big headed”, he continued in his hard work educating his children with discipline and a sense of duty.
With the passing of time Domenico Fazari slowly loosened the reins allowing his children to take his place.

With the passing of time Domenico Fazari slowly loosened the reins allowing his children to take his place.

They not only took over but enlargened the company by continuously introducing new olive clones, new technologies and new productive systems without ever stopping. Today the farm is about 140 hectars and it extends over an area covering the territories of the towns of San Giorgio Morgeto, Cittanova, and the slopes of the Aspromonte Natural Park, particularly renowned for their olive cultivations.

The Company has a staff of about 40 workers, it has an up to date olive-oil mill and oversees the complete production cycle given the fact that the Olearia San Giorgio dei Flli. Fazari bottles excellent extravirgin olive oil produced from olives grown on their own land. The Fazari company is still today a jealous custodian of an antique tradition that maintains a high level in the art of oil production, showing how to mix entreprenerial know-how with quality.